Direct Ecology Ltd can advise you on relevant ecological legislation in relation to your site. Key pieces of UK/Scottish legislation include:
- The Conservation (Natural Habitats, &c.) Regulations 1994 and its amendments
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and its amendments
- Wildlife and Natural Environment (Scotland) Act 2011
- Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act 2004
- Birds Directive (Directive 2009/147/EC)
- Protection of Badgers Act 1992
In some cases it may not be possible to avoid an offence, and therefore a licence to allow work to proceed may be required. Direct Ecology Ltd can guide you through the licensing process and liaise with the statutory bodies on your behalf, with the aim of achieving a successful outcome in order to allow development to proceed in a cost effective and timely manner.