Direct Ecology Ltd is an experienced ecological consultancy based in Dunblane, Scotland. We offer expert advice and a full suite of ecological services, and undertake work throughout Scotland and other parts of the UK. We are experienced at carrying out ecological survey and assessment for a wide range of species and habitats. We have a particular specialism in protected species, including bats. We provide practical, effective and innovative solutions which can be tailored to meet the needs of an individual project, and work to achieve project time-scales, targets and budgets.
We work with a wide range of clients and have a successful track record of undertaking ecological survey, impact assessment and mitigation for a diverse range of projects, including construction schemes, wind farms, hydro-electric schemes and steading developments. Our staff are experienced in providing Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) services for a range of development sites including renewable energy schemes.
Our services include:
- Protected Species Survey and Mitigation
- Habitat Survey
- Ecological Clerk of Works
- Ecological Reports for BREEAM assessments
- Expert Witness
We provide a professional yet personal service, and pride ourselves on the quality of our work. Our staff’s experience, knowledge and expertise mean that advice, survey and reporting are of a high quality and can be tailored to the needs of an individual project.
- Our ecologists are members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and adhere to its code of professional conduct
- All Field workers hold a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
- Direct Ecology is fully Insured (Professional Indemnity, Employers Liability and Public Liability insurances